WORK WITHIN THE SPECIFIC OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
RENEWABLE ENERGY SOLUTIONS
Sustainable Development Project
Liberia provides a unique setting for interested interns/volunteers in pursuing experience in sustainable development. Our interns/volunteers will join one of our partner organizations, companies, and government agencies in Liberia that promote social, economic, cultural and environmental sustainability and are working towards answers to common complications in a social and/or environmental situation. Our Sustainable internships will offer you mixture of opportunities to be involved with grassroots community projects or a part of economic progress with a beautiful environment in need of protection. Based on your focus, you will be a part of positive sustainable efforts for community and environmental well-being.
The Liberian leader, President Sirleaf, as Co-chair of the United Nations High Level Panel of Eminent Persons which set the vision and policy perimeters of the new development agenda and chair the African Union High Level Committee on Post-2015, officially launched the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. Liberia sets the stage for the domestication and implementation of Agenda 2030 in the country over the next 15 years. Candidates for our sustainable development internship programs are expected to have a solid academic background, research experience, and a particular interest in social, economic, or environmental growth. We will place program participants in the following sustainable development work areas:
- Environmental sustainability and awareness
- Social and community development
- Low-income housing development
- Sustainable & economic development
- Renewable energy solutions
The benefits of participating in a sustainable development internship:
- Gain Valuable Field Experience: Work within the specific field of sustainable development that relates to your specialized interests.
- Experiential Learning: You will be placed in a professional setting that allows you to work hands-on with professionals in your particular field.
- Create an Impact: Liberia has both a unique environment worth preserving and significant poverty that needs eradication. Both of these facts provide an opportunity for sustainable development to make a difference in the environment and economic structures of the West African nation.
- Career Building: In addition to the practical job exposure, your internship will help you build your professional resume/CV with invaluable international work experience.
If you are interested in participating in one of our sustainable development internships in Liberia, please contact us today to begin your application process.